Pages

xx Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog - your comments are all greatly appreciated xx

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Cute Love Birds

Well I've managed to survive the last 2 weeks without any card making or blogging, so I had to get my fix of it today - despite all of my holiday washing and ironing!

This card has been made for a colleague who works in our office in Sydney and has recently got engaged - congratulations Mim and Ali. 


The large flowered paper is from the Forever Friends "Pink Parfait" collection and the smaller flowered paper came from one of my craft magazines.  They have both been edged with Tim Holtz distress ink - shabby shutters.

The image is a digi from Digi Stamp Boutique called Cute Love Birds and has been coloured with Promarkers.  The ribbon is from my stash and makes a really good frame for it too.  In each corner of the frame I have placed a die cut from a Sizzix die "flowers & branch" and used Liquid Pearls "lemon yellow" for it's centre.

The sentiment has been created using instructions from Karen at "a lil' bit of redrottiness" and has been mounted onto a scalloped circle with leaves from Wild Orchid Crafts to complete the card.

I have entered this card into the following challenges:

The Shabby Tea Room - photo inspiration
Incy Wincy Designs - sparkle & shine - TOP 3
Tuesday Throwdown - florals
There's Magic in the Air - colour challenge
Sentimental Sundays - cute & cuddly
A Gem of a Challenge - anything but square
Crafty Calendar Challenge - spring





14 comments:

  1. This is just fabulous......I love it the shape cards....thank you so much for playing with us at PCC......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeously coloured card and love the image used.

    Thanks for joining in with us on Magical Monday

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic card. I love the shape and the image is so sweet. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy.

    Nikki F x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a SWEET card! Love the birdies in love. Thanks for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, indeed! Love the DP you chose too!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant cute card, love it! Thanks for joining us at A Gem Of A Challenge! xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful easel card...Sweet image and I love how you've used the ribbon...Thanks for sharing with us at A gem of a Challenge...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful cute card.
    Thanks for joining us at A Gem of Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I was looking for a new Dt member and wondered if you would be interested! You entered a card in my challenge this past month, two actually but the coloring was really so beautiful on the one with the little couple that I thought of you. It's only a once monthly challenge so it doesn't require a huge committment. If you would be interested please email me at studio313creations@yahoo.com

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh I love the way you have used that ribbon!!! Thanks for playing with us at Theres Magic in the Air for our colour challenge! Good Luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness, what a sweet card! Love the paper and the birds are just too adorable...thanks for joining us at "There's Magic in the Air"

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty. The image is so cute. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card & that image is so cute (pretty colours too).
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete

xx Thank you for all of your lovely comments xx