Pages

xx Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog - your comments are all greatly appreciated xx

Saturday 2 April 2011

Get Well Soon

This card has been made for a friend of mine who lives in Toronto and is recovering from a heart attack which happened last week.  Needless to say I was shocked when I heard the news as she is only a few years older than me!  You just never know when/if something like this is going to happen do you?  I hope this card will cheer her up though :-)


The image used on this card is from the Aspects of Design #57 stamp sheet and has been coloured with Promarkers.  I've also used liquid pearls on the tiny dots underneath the leaves just to highlight them.

The backing papers came with one of my craft magazines and have been finished off with faux stitching around the outside.  The ric rac, ribbon, buttons and pearls were from my stash.

This card has been entered into the following challenges:

Throwback Thursday - sketch
Desert Island Crafts - recipe
Wags 'n' Whiskers - ribbons and pearls
4 Crafty Chicks - recipe - WINNER
Crafty Purple Frog - anything but square
Delightful Challenges - flowers
Amber's Crafts - flowers
Tuesday Throwdown - flowers
My Partner in Crafting Crime - 3 or more buttons







13 comments:

  1. thanks for crafting with us this week, love that card, nice stamp....too cute!

    Leanne DT 4 Crafty Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. I love the colors on the flower. Thanks for joining us at Tueday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty design and the colours so beautiful!!

    Thanks for joining us over at TCPFC Love Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely lovely. Hope it makes your friend's day. Thanks for joining our challenge at Amber's crafts & stuff.

    *!*!april!*!*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is just goregous and I just know it will bring a smile to your friend. That news is always shocking and I pray everything with be alright! Hugs to both of you and thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    Here is wishing you a day full of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty.

    Thanks for playing along with our Flower Challenge at Amber's Crafts and Stuff! I hope you will come back next Wednesday for Challenge #4!

    ~*~Amber~*~
    www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful!! The colors and details are gorgeous! Cathryn67 :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely! I am such a button-a-holic and I LOVE yours - the ric-rac border is fun too! Thanks for sharing with us at the 4CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card came out SOOO PRETTY!!!! GREAT job w/the challenge my friend!
    Big Gypsy Hugs,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card, I'm sure it will cheer your friend up, wishing her a very speedy recovery.

    Thanks for joining us at Desert Islands Crafters:)
    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super pretty! Thanks so much for playing with My Partner in Crafing Crime's Button Challenge!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  13. a lovely get well card which would cheer anyone up

    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

    Designing for:
    Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

    ReplyDelete

xx Thank you for all of your lovely comments xx