Pages

xx Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog - your comments are all greatly appreciated xx

Saturday 1 February 2014

Love and Romance


Welcome to February, the month of romance.  Will your Valentine be bringing you chocolates and flowers this February 14th?  Or will your day be celebrated in a different way this year?  Mine, who knows...

********

In my January workshop, my ladies and gent were working with the gelli plate and of course the love and romance theme, so I thought I would use one of the projects as my inspirational card for the new challenge over at the Clarity Challenge blog. 


Materials
Stencil - hearts and leaves (7"x7")
Mask - moon mask
Gelli plate (6"x6")
Adirondack ink - red pepper, stonewashed, denim
Archival ink - black
Acrylic paint - crimson

If you've not used the gelli plate before, don't be scared to get it out of the packaging and have a play. What have you got to lose?  Some pieces of copy paper and some ink.  You may surprise yourself with the results once you start playing.  Don't try to run before you can walk though, just stick to one stencil and perfect the art before introducing more stencils.



xx Happy crafting and glittery hugs xx

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Saz, think I will have to try this with the gelli plate, Love the colours and the little scenes. I would'nt trust myself to write inside the hearts, its very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great inspiration Sazzle....and the Little scenes work so well....I bet all the crafters loved the workshop...
    Hope you get a nice surprise on Valentines Day....Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Sazzle. The writing around the edges finishes the scenes off perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Sazzle, the detail is wonderful x love the writing, it really finishes it off! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sazzle I think you're so brave to write around each piece!!! Fancy having done all that to make a mistake with the writing.
    Lovely project I bet your ladies loved it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Sazzle I think you're brave too with tge writing. I bet you all had a great day at your workshop xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bright colours, really nice card saz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bright colours, really nice card saz x

    ReplyDelete

xx Thank you for all of your lovely comments xx