Pages

xx Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog - your comments are all greatly appreciated xx

Monday 24 January 2011

Handbag card

Hello again crafters.

Well a week has passed and I have managed to add a couple of links to my blog and I have inherited 5 followers so things can't be going too badly.

I have had 5 commission cards to complete this week, 3 of which can all be found in my gallery (because I forgot to photo the other 2!!!!!), but I wanted to spotlight on one of them.

This is the second time I have done a handbag card and I think that I have improved on the original - let me know what you think.


I used pearlescent card from the Papermill Shop to make the main body of the handbag, scraps of silver card to make the corners, polka dot ribbon (from docrafts I think), crystal flowers and buckle bought from Ebay and outline peel offs from Wilkinsons.  The cord for the handle was from my local market haberdashery stall.


To finish the inside of the card I covered the 3 seperate sections with white card (again from the Papermill shop) and distressed the edges with a Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tattered Rose.  To finish off the edges I have used a dashed line.  For the bottom section I added a cut out paper ribbon and decoupaged finishing off with a crystal gem in the centre.


For the centre section I made a little pocket, which I finished off the same as the main inserts, I made a little card to slot into the pocket with Happy Birthday written on it and stuck a foam letter 'M' on the pocket.


On the back of the Happy Birthday card insert I stuck some mirror card.  On the top section I have stuck a velcro circle underneath where the buckle is to keep the card together.

I hope this has given you some inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

xx Thank you for all of your lovely comments xx