Pages

xx Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog - your comments are all greatly appreciated xx

Sunday 1 December 2013

Oriental Scene


Welcome to December, where did the year go eh?

I think I already have my new years resolution which is to blog more frequently. Now this may involve learning how to do it in my sleep but I will find a way to show you more of my Clarity artwork as there is so much in the archive not yet shown.  So watch this space....

As you all know by now the first of the month is when we launch a new challenge over at the Clarity challenge blog and the theme for December is "SCENE BUILDING".

Here's my inspiration for the challenge:


Materials used:
Stamp - Asia set
Stamp - pagoda
Stamp - tree (from winter wonderland set)
Coloured with promarkers
Distress ink - bundled sage
Adirondack ink - stonewashed & sunshine yellow
Liquid pearls - lemon yellow

A top tip for those of you out there that have just gone "I can't do that".  Take a piece of copy paper, look at your Clarity stamps, stencils and masks and start playing.  Here are a few points that may help you:

  • for sky either use the cloud mask or make your own out of a piece of copy paper
  • for hills either use the landscape mask or tear a piece of copy paper
  • bushes, grass, fence posts etc can all be made out of a tree stamp (very versatile)
  • if you only want to use part of a stamp use clever masking
I hope these few tips help you and I look forward to seeing your artwork in the challenge this month.




xx Happy crafting and glittery seasonal hugs xx

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card love the scenery, stunning. Love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous Sazz the scenery, the clouds the colours and the cobble floor is fantastic xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this…did you hand draw the cobbles?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, this is one I definitely will try to emulate! Love anything Oriental.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scene Sazzle and such brilliant colours...and wow...those tassels...have a great holiday....hugs. Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favourite card. I love oriental designs and your take on this is fabulous..... Hugs Vx

    ReplyDelete

xx Thank you for all of your lovely comments xx